Bromley and Beckenham Junior Membership – Terms and Conditions
Note 1. All information will be handled in a secure and confidential manner and held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), with details circulated to group coaches/team managers on a need to know basis. The data will only be used for activities related to the Club, the development of the Club and promotions on behalf of our key Club Sponsors. Recipients of the data are reminded that they must maintain the security of information at all times.
Note 2. All reasonable steps will be taken to ensure the safety of junior members attending the activities organised by the Club. However, sport is not risk-free exercise and junior members and their parents/guardians must be aware that accidents happen and that they must therefore take appropriate steps to ensure their own safety.
- I agree to my son / daughter taking part in the activities of Bromley & Beckenham Hockey Club.
- I agree, and accept it is my responsibility, to inform the club if my child is currently suffering, has recently suffered or developed an injury, allergy, illness or medical condition that may be affected by or affect their participation in hockey. I will ensure any details are updated in the club administration system, details of any medical conditions, together with details of any treatment, medications currently being taken, or precautions to be taken while in the Club’s care. I will ensure that my child has any necessary medication with them at each session.
- In the event of any injury or illness all reasonable steps will be taken to contact me (or other emergency contacts). Should the necessity arise, I agree to the person in charge of the activity giving consent on my behalf for urgent medical treatment to be given, including the administering of an anaesthetic on the advice of a medical practitioner.
- I agree, and accept it is my responsibility, to ensure the clubs records are up to date in regard to contact names and telephone number in case of emergency. If I cannot be contacted, I agree that these people may be contacted in the event of an emergency.
- It is my responsibility to notify the club if I do not agree that photographs/videoing can be taken of my child. I acknowledge that copyright of any such photography/video belongs to the photographer and that Bromley & Beckenham Hockey Club and our coaching partners (Join the Game, Fortitude) may use the photographs in any Club publication/promotion including electronic media such as internet technology.
- I consent to my child travelling by any form of public transport, minibus or motor vehicle driven by a member of the Club, resident coach or official at the Club, and/or any other parent attending, to any match or event in which they are participating as one of the team members entered on behalf of the Club.
- I understand that the Club, and the Club members who may be involved in organising or supervising matches, coaching or other sessions, accept no responsibility for loss, damage, or injury caused by or during any such activities, except where the loss, damage or injury results directly from the negligence of the Club or such Club members.
- I will ensure that my child arrives for training and matches with the appropriate protective equipment, gun shield and shin guards, clothing and refreshments, including plenty of water.
- I agree to be responsible for the good behaviour of my child in line with the Junior Code of Conduct and accept that any non-observance by him/her may result in the club taking steps to limit my childs’ participation until the club are satisfied that behavioural issues have been addressed.
- I agree that any personal data relating to myself and/or my child can be used and stored by the Club for organising Club activities. We will not share your information with third parties, unless required by organisations as relates to normal club activities, without your consent. I consent to receiving newsletters and mailings related to Club activities.
- I agree to accept Bromley and Beckenham Hockey Club and England Hockey guidance in relation to activities related to Covid-19. All data will be shared in accordance with GDPR regulation as defined by England Hockey.
We regret that it will not be possible to participate in training or matches without the acceptance of the Terms and conditions as laid out above.